Friday, February 11, 2011

Photo Manipulation


The photos used are from my family trip to Grenada in July of 2010. Grenada is located in the west indies and that is where my family is from. The first photo I chose to edit was at Grand Anse Beach located in St.Georges, Grenada. The reason why I chose to edit this picture is because the beach is where we spent most of our time when we went, after looking at the picture everything about it looked good from the sand, the blue waters, the view of the house and the island on the other end of where my family and I were at the time. My island photo I modified the picture using the website http://www.picresize.com/. After uploading the photograph, I looked at all modification options and decided to use the "equalize" option. I used the equalize option because the picture looked like it was taken on a different time of day. Everything that was closer to me where I was standing stood out and the background slightly became blurry. After looking at that I decided to sharpen the picture so that everything was easier to see.  The photo ended up looking like it was a painting which I want so that it had  the same feel but different look to the original photo.

  Original                                                               Modified   


The second photograph is of a church also in St.Georges,Grenada. The idea of this modification was to make the the church stand out with a dark, haunted type sky with the feeling of an abandoned church that no one would ever recommend you going near because of the scary stories that have been said of the site. It fits the idea because in my country people are not only burried in gravesites, they're buried beside a church as well because of how small the country is and the lack of land some places have. With the grass and the small tombstones on the ground, I decided to use the oil paint feature to give the viewer a semi painted look so that the main focus remains as the scary abandoned church with the dark stormy skies that everyone in the country is afraid to pass by.                                                                        
            
    Original                                                                                   Modified        
                     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment